Thursday, September 4, 2008

Too busy for little details

I have let my children pick out their own clothes and only interfere if a belly or more body parts down south are showing(Some low rise are just too low). I try to let them have control over this and for the most part they do a great job.


Today as we are rushing to meet the bus, I mentioned to Kallie that her shorts were pink and her shirt was lavender. She replied, "yea I know, don't they look so cute" I replied you are cute and I thought it was so funny how sure and matter of fact she answered me- so I let it go and let her wear her outfit. When she got home, we were talking I noticed that one sleeve was cut off and the other was long... I have been working on a memory quilt that is made of my kids baby clothes and have been known to raid their closet looking for a coordinating fabric or a way to get rid of a shirt that I don't really like, and this is this case with her shirt she wore today!!

I only needed a couple pieces and didn't cut the whole shirt up. She must have saw it on in my room and wahla...Her outfit for today!!

Here is a small portion of her sleeve!! She didn't even know it was missing!!

7 comments:

Davis Family said...

Beth I think that is soooo cute!! What a memory that will be to go along with your quilt you are making!! She is so funny. By the way the ZIT cream is working, but only on one side of my face. My other side is having a nervous breakout!!

Nicole Earl said...

That is the cutest thing I have ever seen. Thanks for sharing it. I laughed right out loud. That is a great idea to do with their clothes!

Nicky said...

I laughed so hard, I even had to read it aloud to Ira, who laughed with me. Those are what great memories are made of - especially where you will have a quilt to always remind you. luv it! nicky

Char said...

That is so stinkin' funny. I didn't even know you had a blog. I love checking how everyone is doing. Now I can keep up on you guys too. Thanks for the post on mine. Happy Blogging!!!

Roll said...

Beth, I also saw that you had been on Heathers blog, I loved seeing how your family has grown. I would not know the older kids, It has been way to long. I hope you don't mind me checking up on you. I have thought about you many days and how you are doing. Jan

tim and kellee said...

Hi Beth!
Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. It was fun to hear from you. I checked your blog out too, what a cute family! I'll be checking it out more often...can I add you to my list of friends?
Thanks again..It was good to hear from you...
Kellee

Unknown said...

Beth... What a pleasant suprise to hear from you after all these years. I am so glad you found me and hope you do check in on my blog. I really would like to stay in touch. Your family is beautiful.